The Aptus® evolved from the popular Paratus® rifle and features the same patented internal recoil technology and quick take down rifle technology. Chambered in 5.56mm and .300 Blackout, the Aptus® is Latin for “ready.” The patented internal recoil system eliminates the standard buffer tube/spring associated with most AR style rifles, allowing it to be fired with stock folded. The rifle can be assembled in less than 60 seconds without the use of any tools. Constructed with U.S. billet aluminum and finished in either black hard coat type III anodizing or NIB Battleworn finish, this tactical rifle comes with extraordinary custom detail and outstanding quality. It has an ambidextrous safety bolt catch and a left side non reciprocating charging handle. This patented quick take down rifle is designed for compact portability and discreet carry.
- Calibers: 5.56mm and .300 Blackout
- Operation: Semi-automatic direct gas operated
- Major Components: Upper / Lower and Handguard from U.S. billet aircraft aluminum
- 16 inch with 1/7 (5.56mm)
- 16 inch with 1/7 twist (.300 Blackout)
- Controls: Bolt catch
- Charging Handle: Non-reciprocating left side charging handle
- Stock: Adjustable folding stock
- Rail: 15 inch Full length MIL STD 1913 rail at 12 o’clock and M-Lok® compatible
- Weight: 7 pounds empty
- Trigger: standard
- Trigger pull: 4.5 pounds
- OAL: 34 inches
- Magazine: 30 round magazine (x2) *magazine capacity subject to state restriction
- Muzzle: Mil. Spec. bird cage
- Storage options
- 18.27 X 14.41 inch hard case
- Backpack *color may vary
- Finish options
- Hardcoat Type III Anodizing (black)
- NIB Battleworn
- Proudly made in the USA
All DRD Rifles have patented quick takedown rifle technology, so you can go from box to built in under 60 seconds.
⚠️ WARNING This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
*Note: California, New York and Maryland - please call to place your order to ensure rifles are compliant with state restrictions.